The sharing of thoughts and communication of strategy has never been more important for businesses of all sizes. Increased competition, new market factors, and volatile economic conditions all place a greater value on clear communication and the dissemination of ideas. Fortunately, technology has made this ability easier and more accessible than ever before. These same technological advancements have also presented affordable, wireless video solutions; however, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for. Whether you are presenting to shareholders in a boardroom, clients in the conference room, or to employees in a workspace, the last thing that you need is a technical issue.
A few years ago plug and play dongle technology hit the shelves and opened up an entire new level of streaming. Google Chromecast and Apple TV allowed you to take content from one device (phone, tablet, computer) and present it on another screen remotely. These devices are great for streaming TV shows, movies and other videos that run on supported applications. However when it comes to providing a commercial level, video presentation platform, this hardware leaves much to be desired.
Ranging in prices from $35 to $150, these devices are both affordable and easy to install. Here is a quick description of the platforms.
- Google Chromecast: Chromecast is a dongle that plugs into a TV’s HDMI port and allows streaming from the web and a beta setting that allows full screen sharing from a computer. This device requires an extension in your browser or an app on your smart device.
- Apple TV: Apple TV is another device that lets you stream video from other iOS devices. It can also use Apple’s AirPlay technology, but is limited to interacting with Apple products.
When it comes to professional, efficient and effective presentation and screen sharing, there are 5 main problems that can occur with these consumer devices.
- Dependability: Depending on the strength of your Wi-Fi signal, the operating speed of your computer and other factors, these devices are prone to interruption, especially if you aren’t using a specifically designed app or service. Lost connections, slow response, and poor quality can often plague customized presentations and other business level uses.
- Ease of Use: Between downloading drivers, extensions, and navigating software for your unique presentation needs, the user-friendliness of these devices is lacking for anything not NetFlix or YouTube related.
- Latency: Again, while operating outside of the parameters of predesigned applications (like Hulu, etc.) latency and data transfer can be a problem. The response between a command and its outcome can be delayed to the point of being ineffective. Whether it is unresponsive video, gaps in audio, or interrupted feedback and input, latency problems can and will ruin any presentation.
- Audio Quality: A lack of volume control and/or sound quality can pose a major problem. When using a third-party interface or even a common presentation tool to share images, video, audio, etc., getting all of the elements to work together can be an issue.
- Collaboration: One of the biggest obstacles that can occur during a presentation or meeting is having the ability to share access and control of a screen. With these devices, your network information needs to be shared, certain extensions need to be downloaded and activated, and in the case of Apple TV, an Apple device needs to be available. This can make collaborating and sharing very difficult.
All of these issues can stifle a presentation, end a potential deal, and embarrass a presenter. However, there is a product on the market that is perfect for businesses of all sizes. The Barco ClickShare platform solves all of these problems and more with its simple to use, dependable, and intuitive technology. Here is what makes ClickShare the ideal wireless presentation platform.
ClickShare allows you to easily and seamlessly share what’s on your laptop or mobile device to a presentation screen. In three simple steps your presentation, video, images, sound, etc. are ready to be shared live with your audience.
- Connect the ClickShare button to your USB port.
- Click the button.
- Share your work as ClickShare seamlessly and intuitively presents the content of your screen to the room.
No longer will messy, unsightly cables, complicated, timely set-ups, or embarrassing, awkward moments disrupt your meetings. ClickShare creates its own network signal that works between your device and the station. Crystal clear pictures and controls, as well as screen access are literally one click away. Multiple buttons can be used at once, so changing devices and presenters can be one done with the push of a button. There is no software to download and a mobile app is available along with full audio sync.
Stop wrestling with ineffective devices that are meant for home entertainment. Stop worrying about what will go wrong, how long it will take, and when you’ll have your next “technical difficulty” during a major proposal, and present with confidence with a dependable, easy-to-use, secure wireless platform.
Link Integration Group offers wireless presentation solutions and full commercial A/V integration for businesses and industries all across south Louisiana.